21. PACKAGING MATERIALS ISSUE 5 TO 6 CONVERSION FOR AUDITORS
DURATION: 2 Days
ASSESSMENT: Auditor Training 50 question exam; Pass mark 75%
COURSE SUMMARY: This course will provide auditors who have audited against Issue 5 of the Standard with details of the changes to format and content of the Standard, with a review of audit protocol and BRCGS expectations. It includes particular reference to the changes in order to better reflect the diversity of the Packaging industry and how this affects them.
This will also be an opportunity to effect calibration of auditors to ensure the effectiveness and consistency of audits against the Standard to BRCGS requirements.
Delegates should download and read a copy of Global Standard for Packaging Materials Issue 6 before attending this course. The Standard is available from from August 2019.
This course is aimed at:
• Current Global Standard Packaging and Packaging Materials Issue 5 Auditors
• Certification Body personnel responsible for technical review
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:• List the aims of the BRCGS
• Understand the reasons for changes to the Standard including industry developments
• Be able to explain how the changes will benefit retailers, manufacturers, auditor andconsumers
• Understand the changes from Issue 5 to 6 including changes of format of the Standard; changes to existing clauses;
new requirements and clauses and additional modules
• Recognise the changes to the protocol of the Standard
• Know how the audit process should now be carried out and reported consistently